Anniversary Tickers

La Familia es todo....

Monday, March 15, 2010

GREAT TO BE "8"



Great to be Eight!
This is the program given at church to tell parents a little about activities open to children once they turn eight. At the program we also learned about the baptism program. We have been talking to Adriu about getting baptized once he turns eight. He seems excited about it and we hope that he feels ready for this step.

Adriu is vibrant and very smart. Yet he is sensitive and super observant. It is often hard to deal with someone like him. He is a child yet he acts like an adult at times. Don’t get me wrong there are times when his temper tantrums get exceedingly out of control. It’s at those times when my (our) patience is seriously tested. But there are times like Sunday at the program when he wins my heart over and over again.

He was so proud and happy to sing a song that his class had practiced. As he stood there, I could tell that he was happy to be there and that he was in control of his emotions. The song started and he began to sing along side his classmates. When the song was done (one verse), he said out loud, “Oh, I wanted to sing the second verse”.
Song

I’m Trying to Be like Jesus


1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
Chorus
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”

A few days later, I was having a conversation with him about wanting the best for him and letting him know how much we love him. We want him to be successful at school, with friends, and in anything he wants to do. He is such a special little boy. He is my special little boy. He quietly said, “You are so sweet mom”. He was so emotionally moved by my words. I know he will be successful at whatever he decides to do in life.

I think as a mom, I can say that it’s a sure thing that all moms have at one time or another thought about the future of their children. Our kid’s future is something that is out of our hands as parents once kids reach a certain point. We teach, guide, care, love and many other things for our children, but there comes a time when our children’s future becomes their responsibility.
I know as for me, I will always think, “did I do enough”.

No comments:

Post a Comment