Anniversary Tickers

La Familia es todo....

Monday, March 8, 2010

Do you beleive in the tooth fairy?


Losing your two front teeth is one of life's inevitable conditions. It happens to all of us once permanent teeth decide to come in. Aaliyah is losing both front teeth almost at the same time. She lost the first front tooth thanks to a fruit leather this past weekend. The other tooth just hangs by a thread for dear life to her gum. Even though she truly believes in the tooth fairy her fear of bleeding to death is in the fore front.

This morning she expected to receive a gift in place of her lost tooth. She was in complete disappointment when she found a dollar bill underneath her pillow. I guess the tooth fairy doesn't grant specific wishes. Specially when mom and dad are the worst tooth fairies in the world. We knew that she was very excited about the tooth fairy yet we still managed to fall asleep before replacing her lost tooth with her wish. My resolve was that at least she got something.

When is the right time to tell her that the tooth fairy is mom and dad?

I never knew the tooth fairy as a child so this experience is new for me. I do hope to be a better tooth fairy in the future. I was glad that my little princess had not woken up when daddy remembered about the forgotten tooth exchange. It was a race to exchange it before she woke up. If she only knew...

1 comment:

  1. Saw the scariest movie about the tooth fairy last night. I would never want the tooth fairy to visit my children ever again. Well not when the tooth fairy is an ugly witch ghost who kills you upon losing your last baby tooth.

    ReplyDelete