Anniversary Tickers

La Familia es todo....

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Adriu's 8th Birthday Party




Adriu was so excited for his 8th birthday! He confessed that the excitement did not allow him to concentrate in school. He forgot to hand in his homework two days in a row. He invited Miss Haws' 2nd grade class, plus the kids in primary class at church and of course all of his cousins. Boys and girls alike...He wanted to make sure no one got left behind. We had been talking about what he wanted to do for his birthday to make it special, but he could not settle on anything. Several weeks before his birthday, Leone and I took the Adriu and Aaliyah to a movie called, "THE TOOTH FAIRY" with Dwayne Johnson (THE ROCK). I was surprised by how much he laughed throughout the entire movie.

As we left the movie theater, he said, "that's what I want to do for my birthday. I want all my friends to watch the movie with me." So we borrowed a movie projector and watched a movie for his birthday. More than half of the kids ate their entire body weight in popcorn, cake, and ice cream. At the end, we had a lot to clean, but it was all worth every tired bone in my body. Thanks to all that helped in the cleaning and keeping the kids out of chaos.




He loved all of the gifts, but most of all he loved the time spent with friends, neighbors, and family. A few people were not able to make it to the party, but in the end he said it was the best party EVER! SO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment